Here are five dimensions that consumers use in understanding a retailer's personality:
- Sincere or witty: In what ways is the retailer honest? Wholesome? Cheerful? Teasing?
- Exciting or predictable: To what degree is the retailer daring? Spirited? Stimulating? Trendy? Responsible? Dependable? Persistent?
- Expert or inquisitive: In what ways is the retailer knowledgeable? Successful? Calm? Confident? Secure? Imaginative? Curious?
- Sophisticated or approachable: To what degree is the retailer formal? Assertive? Ambitious? Casual? Sociable?
- Rugged or luxurious: In what ways is the retailer gruff? Challenging? Indulgent? Cooperative? Trusting? Considerate?
But with stores that have a witty, exciting, or inquisitive personality, customers are ready for a reaction like, "We make shopping more fun with the unexpected," and, "We're always learning so we can get better and better."
Which mix of these five dimensions will distinguish your retail business in ways that are most profitable? What will you be doing today to start projecting that mix?